Thursday, June 4, 2009

Here's the latest update on Emma & Taylor who have just had surgery today. (FYI - this surgery was to place a band around Emma's aorta to help reduce her blood pressure.)
Just wanted to let you know how well all went today. They were in surgery about 1 ½ hours and they are now in intensive care. They are keeping them somewhat sedated with morphine, at least for now. The doctors seemed pleased and felt that it could not have gone any better. I think the girls will be in for maybe 2-4 days and then possibly a couple of days here and then they will head home – I think towards the end of next week. I don’t know for sure. I think everyone has felt that these little girls continue to be blessed with all the prayers that have gone out for them. It was pretty cute. This morning, they put purple tape on Emma (and her dolly) and pink tape on Taylor & dolly. When we got into the ICU room – they each had a nurse – Taylor’s nurse had wrapped the pink tape around her own head/wrist and Emma’s had done purple. They are being watched pretty closely with monitors and everything is being documented.
All in all, very good signs today –

Love, Grandma Joan

13 comments:

Buckles Family said...

Your family is always in our prayers. We hope Emma and Taylor's recoveries are quick and easy. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Love,
The Buckles Family

Dahlene said...

I'm so glad they are doing well. You have such a strong family. We are always thinking of you.

Karli said...

Nice to read a new update on the girls when I live so far away and know very little about what's been going on. Love from the Lows up here in Canada and good to hear they are recovering well.

Penny said...

Just saw the show on Discovery Health. Your daughters are absolutely beautiful! I knew a set of conjoined twins when i was a kid so I know how special they are. I wish you and your family nothing but the best.

Brenda said...

Your girls are beautiful! AND you and your family are amazing examples to SO many people! Love ya! HUGZ

joeyzin415 said...

I just watched your story last night and I cried so much just watching all the love you have for them. I really shocked how strong both of you are and so proud of the other children. I really wish the girls health and a long life. I pray they find away to separate them safely. Wow, I really commend you, what a great family!!! Sending nothing but love and hope your way. Please keep updating.

melina 68 said...

I am from Belgium , say to your self how you are both super super Heroes , and God bless you , and big kiss to Emma en Taylor from Natasha 7yrs xxx

Cheryl said...

I saw you with your daughters in JoAnn's today and your twins put a smile on my face. They were so cute as they chatted while you were checking out. Good luck to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

can they walk now ? :)

Mei said...

I just heard about you from a tv-show and I can only praye for you and wish all good. It is so nice to hear about you now! Thank you so much and all good for you all from Finland!

Anonymous said...

i'm from finland and i just have seen document on tv and that is how i found this blog.

Your daughters are so beautiful!I wish your family nothing but the best! :)

love,
sirpa

Terri said...

Just saw the show, and was deeply moved by the example of love and strength that you display. Your an amazing couple, and are a true witness of Christ in your faith! I pray that all of your hearts desires are fulfilled for Emma & Taylor with the surgery. They are just beautiful, and you are all so blessed with the love that you share!

Anonymous said...

Je vous écris de France. Votre famille est magnifique et vous nous donnez une belle leçon de courage. Bonne chance pour l'avenir